Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Please help. As far as i can tell I have three problems:

Customer Question

Hello, please help. As far as i can tell I have three problems:
1-battery keeps draining after a day on a new charge
2-message on navigation screen says"please check your disc".
3-I can not remove the navi disc because it will not eject.
work i have done so far:disconnected the hands free link and then i have charged the battery, however there is still a drain and battery still dies. thanks for your help very much! Jeannine
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
We need to first concentrate on the battery issue. Have you had it tested for both voltage and cranking amps?
Also, what is the voltage of the battery when it wont start?
There may or may not be a drain on the battery. It may simply have a dead cell so that it wont retain a charge for more that a day, so we need to establish that first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had it tested for voltage and cranking amps. It does say "full" after I charge the battery. Then dies after one day of just sitting. The voltage now ( when battery is not strong enough to start car) is 10.2 volts. I also had a problem with the blue tooth before this all started. The blue tooth stopped working. When u would go to blue tooth in the settings it would say" booting up"? Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can charge battery again and give u a volt reading when fully charged.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, if you are able to, when you get it running after charging the battery, drive it down to a parts store for them to do a load test with an ammeter and check cranking amps. If cranking amps are too low even with a full charge, battery needs to be replaced.
At that point we can address and test the other issues