Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

My daughters 2001 acura tl starts to jerk between 20 to 30

Customer Question
my daughters 2001 acura tl...
my daughters 2001 acura tl starts to jerk between 20 to 30 mph top motor mount was visibly worn and replaced. Car still jerks , told that bottom motor and transmission mounts need replacement. Looking for a reputable service center in PG County, without having to pay an arm and a leg at the dealership.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
8/26/2015
Mechanic for Acura: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
I need your zipcode to locate a reputable independent shop near you.
I would also have the mounts rechecked before just paying to have them replaced. Usually multiple bad mounts will cause the engine/transmission to jump or lunge when you put it into reverse or drive from park. And will jump between all gear changes. This could be a shift solenoid issue with it shifting harsh between 2nd and 3rd gear
I'm in pg county...zip is 20747
HI,
Best rated independent shop that specializes in Asian vehicles nearest you is:
Far East Motors Service Center
*****
Silver Spring, MD 20910 (###) ###-####
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager