Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

We have an Acura TL 2006. We had a new battery put in today

Customer Question
Hi, we have an Acura...
Hi, we have an Acura TL 2006. We had a new battery put in today and our am/fm/ satellite radio will not turn on. The navigation system seems to . We were given a code for the radio, have tried to enter it many times with no luck. The word code was showing but now it only shows ERR,(error)... So we obviously are not doing things properly... Thank you in advance for any help you can send our way☺️!***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
I have checked the "radio" fuse... It appears to be okay. I'm not good with doing "on line" things so please let me know if I've done what is needed for an answer. The price if $36.00 sounds reasonable if this will really help☺️. Thank you, jeannette
8/3/2015
Mechanic for Acura: MASTER TECH, Acura Technician replied 2 years ago
MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today .

before you entered the code did the radio just say code ?

and once you entered the code it beeped a few times and then code came back up ?

then eventually only the "ERR" would come up , and code no longer came up.

ok sounds like the code you have is the wrong code

do you have the serial #. please press and hold the 1&6 buttons together and then while holding turn the radio on it will display a code I need this code to get the radio code

that sounds about right... Any ideas?

yes can you provide the info I requested in the last post

I am not sure what info request I have missed? Please repeat.

I held the 1&6 buttons together and tuned on the radio on, nothing happened, in fact no letters or numbers appeared until I released the numbers, turned the power button off and on again, then the ERR appeared again😚..

ok then disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and it will reset. then make sure the radio is off and then key is on. then repeat

What exactly should be repeated?, the 1 and 6 hold buttons thing or redisconnect the battery steps again?

the steps to recover the code. the battery disconnect allows the system to be cleared so you can use the 1&6 buttons to recover the code.

the Honda site is closed already so getting the code this evening will have to wait until tomorrow morning

I thank you and guess we can finish this tomorrow.

ok in the mean time if you can proceed with the battery disconnect and then use the 1&6 buttonw to get the serial # ***** in the morning I can access the radio code for you so your radio is operating again

Hi there...I wanted to let you know, that while John was driving to work in Manhattan, the radio came on 1/2 way through the Lincoln Tunnel! We thank you for your help through all of this craziness! John and jeannette we may be needing your services in the future😌!

ok that's fine.

if you can rate my service that would be great, if you need anything else please let me know

Dino

MASTER  TECH
MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician