Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Acura cl type s: My 01 acura cl s seems to be leaking transmission

Customer Question

My 01 acura cl s seems to be leaking transmission oil from the flywheel inspection cap. It leaks alot leaves puddles where it stands. Checked the tubes and are good which tore before on it.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,
Transmission fluid leaking from the inspection cover on this particular model is either a cut seal on the torque converter or leaking transmission fluid pump. Unfortunately, either way, the transmission will need to come out to repair
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for response. I'm already half way on dropping the tranny. What are the seals are gaskets i should replace to go get them now
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI,
Sorry, was eating BBQ.
It depends on what is leaking. If the torque converter seal. You just need a new converter lip seal and pan gasket. If the pump is leaking, then you either replace the pump or buy a pump overhaul kit which will have all the needed seals and gaskets.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks