Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

TL: I was driver 15 mins and my car 2003 Acura act

Customer Question

I was driver for about 15 mins and my car 2003 Acura act like it was loosing power and the check engine/emission light started flashing. I made to my job which was about 4 mile after it was blinking. Turn the car off and started it back press the gas and light started to bling again
Category: Acura
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 2 years ago.
When the light is flashing it is far more important to get it fixed rather that if the light just stays on.
What usually happens is the computer picks up a misfire in one or more of the cylinders and makes the light flash because if left untended it will ruin the cat convertor and it is very costly.
The misfire can come from something as simple as a tank of bad gas to a spark plug or a plug wire, but as it stands right now it wont be expensive to fix but if you continue to drive it, it will ruin the converter.
Larry
If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.
Did you have any further questions? If not please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
Thanks for asking!
LJ