Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Im trying to upgrade my navigation in my 2012 tl and acura…

Customer Question
im trying to upgrade my...
im trying to upgrade my navigation in my 2012 tl and acura told me i wont need password ***** dvd wont let me run it without it...what can i do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Acura
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
im trying to upgrad my navigation in my 2012 tl acura told me i woundnt need password ***** dvd wont let me continue without it...i dont have it...wht can i do?
6/29/2015
Mechanic for Acura: Pete, Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you upgraded the audio/nav system the factory code will not work for your model here as the factory code is for the old system that was installed.
What you will have to do here unfortunately is contact a dealer (and they may want to see the vehicle) and have them obtain a code for you for your newer system.They may have to contact Acura to get a code for you.
Thanks Pete