Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mdx: My well maintained 08 mdx (85k) threw off 2 warning messages…

Customer Question
My well maintained 08 mdx...
My well maintained 08 mdx (85k) threw off 2 warning messages last night in the middle of a road trip about 6 hours from home. Messages came up on gps screen (1) check sh-awd system immediately (2) voltage from battery low. I got to hotel shut everything down. Restarted, but didn't drive & the lights did not re appear. Can I make it home?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Acura
6/28/2015
Mechanic for Acura: acramstr, ASE Master Tech replied 3 years ago
acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Have the charging system checked before you start back. We see alternator failures in these especially when they are hot. start the engine and listen for a humming or whining noise as the engine is reved up. The sh-awd light is not a big deal.