Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 acura tl 3.2 is leaking fluid , is about 1 ft inside the…

Customer Question
2001 acura tl 3.2 is...
2001 acura tl 3.2 is leaking fluid , is about 1 ft inside the front right tire.. I'm thinking its air conditioner ,leaking fluid like a fine oil. What should I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Acura
6/27/2015
Mechanic for Acura: Honda-Man, Honda/Acura Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda/Acura Mechanic
Welcome to JustAnswer.If you put your finger in the fluid I bet you will find it's just water. If it has no real oil odor it's nothing to worry about.The A/C evaporator that's inside the vehicle behind the glove box has a drain for condensation. The A/C acts as a dehumidifier so the moisture it gathers will drain out the bottom through a rubber drain tube. The location you describe is exactly where the moisture will collect on the ground under your vehicle. This is normal and nothing to worry about. High humidity days or using the A/C on fresh(outside air) will cause more moisture. Using the recirculate setting will improve A/C performance and reduce fuel consumption. This will also condition the air in the vehicle and produce less moisture. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Your satisfaction and accepting my service or providing a positive rating is what I work for! If you can't rate in this way please let me know so I can continue to help. A positive rating is the only way the site will compensate me for helping you. You can still ask follow-up questions after the rating.Thanks again! ~Honda-Man