Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Rl: I have a 2005 Acura RL and had the entire AC system replaced.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Acura RL and had the entire AC system replaced. Compressor, condenser, evaporator and all hoses. When I drive down the road it takes it a while to actually turn on and sometimes not at all. When it is not working down the road, I can turn my ignition off and restart the car and it blows ice cold. What is not working?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can still use help given I spent $3000 to fix this problem replacing my whole air conditioner and it still doing the same thing. Note: I also replaced the fan next to the radiator that is part of the AC system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also replace all my fuel injectors, spark plugs, and coil packs. - another $3000! Supposedly it was shutting down the AC due to the computer seeing a bad air/fuel/speed.
Below are the diagrams I will be using to help you. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05RLAC.pdf Prior to getting into diag I need to know if you have access to a volt ohm meter and a scan tool? Do you understand electrical diag and wire diagrams. I ask because we need to take alot of readings when not working then again when it is working to find the part or are that the signal is stopping at. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris