Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm having problems with my AC

Customer Question
. The AC compressor goes...
I'm having problems with my AC . The AC compressor goes on for 2 seconds and then turns off and the ac fan won't turn on
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Acura
6/23/2015
Mechanic for Acura: MASTER TECH, Acura Technician replied 3 years ago
MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician
Hello I am master tech and will be able to help you today.can you tell me the year and model of this acura
2004 Acura tl
ok their is a few things that need to be checked. does the inside fan blower work in the car ?
Yes it works
OK what year and model is this acura
2004 Acura tl
thank you very much for the info. currently does the inside blower work ?
Yes it does
ok then if you have a volt meter I need to you measure the voltage at the single wire at the ac compressor. also do you have access to a set of ac gauges ? would like to see what the pressure is at static and in operation.it's sounding like the system might be low or a clutch or relay issue.
There is a blue wire on the compressor that connects to the fan I think , once I disconnect those two the condenser fan turns on and if I do connect them the compressor turns on for about two seconds and then turns off. I checked all the relays and everything is ok
it's a single wire that leads to the compressor and it's blue.do you have a set of ac gauges ? need to get a pressure reading
Ok let me go get them
The gauge reads max on red
ok max red what pressure ? also the high side . can you be specific on this please. it does matter.
The one with blue cap
Low pressure
ok are you using a manifold gauge set or the one that comes with the can the parts stores sell?a mechanics gauge set will have pressure readings and numbers on the high (red) and low ( blue) side