Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

3.2 tl: Yes, I have 2090 acura 3.2 tl . Engine and tcs lights…

Customer Question
Yes, I have 2090 acura...
Yes, I have 2090 acura 3.2 tl . Engine and tcs lights are on. Went to auto zone and codes are p0300, p0301, p0304, p0305. Just had tune up completed. Any idea
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Acura
Took my car in for engine light/brake/ight and tcs light. Had AC service and alternator replaced. Engine light and tcs light came back on. Had tune up, front brake pads and rotors, and fuel injector system done. Picked car up today. The Check engine light and tcs light came back on. Took to autozone, the codes are P0300, p0301, P0304, and P0305. The engine fan is running loudly after car is turned off.
The car is a 2000 acura 3.2 tl, not 2090.
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/19/2015
Mechanic for Acura: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Hi there. Welcome to our site. If you paid a garage or shop to take care of engine light, brake light, and TCS light issues and those items were not fixed to your satisfaction, I would advise you to take the car right back to that place and ask them to fix it properly. However, if you decide to take care of these issues yourself, I could certainly guide you through a systematic diagnosis and repair process sure to take care of the problem - the caveat being you would have to have access to a scantool, such as Honda's PGM Tester, capable of communicating with the Vehicle Stability Assistance System in your car (in contrast, Autozone and other parts retailers use a simple code reader capable only to retrieve emissions-related codes). Please let me know at your earliest convenience how you would like to proceed. Best Regards.
Hi,I will take the car back, however, this is the second time I have brought this car to a local mechanic to repair. The first time they fixed other items, and all the lights came back. The second time, all lights are back except the brake light. I would like to test the car myself, before they try to charge me for something else. Where can I obtain a Honda PGM Tester, other than Honda dealer? Thanks.Deborah
Hi Deborah.There are several companies out there who make capable scanners. However, these are all professional-level tools that usually go for over $4000.00 new (the original Honda PGM Tester made by Vetronix was sold to Honda and Acura dealers for a bit over $9000.00). However, every once in a while a good used unit pops up in the internet for much less.Were I in your shoes, I would tell your local mechanic that I'm taking the car to an Acura dealer for diagnosis at his expense, and that he will also be responsible for any repairs found necessary by the dealer on issues he missed when he worked on the car.Being a retired Master Technician myself, I personally hate incompetent mechanics who, instead of learning their trade and doing good work, end up ripping off their customers. I truly wish you the best possible outcome. Best Regards.
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer