acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

I have a 2006 acura tl and the trunk wont shut it seems to

Customer Question

i have a 2006 acura tl and the trunk wont shut it seems to be hitting the latching bar and bouncing off I removed the trunk cover and took off the latching mechanism I think a spring or something must be missing
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm Steve. And I will be assisting you today. There most likely is a spring missing or broken. If you pry off the black plastic cover from the latch. that covers the cam that locks onto the loop on the body. there should be a small spring that goes along the side that locks the cam. you will see how it works if you move the cam up . there is a small bar that catches the top of the cam and locks it in place . then when the cable or solenoid pulls it pops up and the cam releases. I would replace the latch if this happens. Because the spring comes off when it wears and if it pops off with the trunk closed it is nearly impossible to get to it to open it . the part number of the latch is . 74851-SDA-A22. It cost about $70.00.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.