Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tl: i have a acura tl3.2.2000 and i cant tell if the transmission…

Customer Question
Hi i have a acura...
Hi i have a acura tl3.2.2000 and i cant tell if the transmission need fluid it has 2 holes at tge bottom of the dip stick were sould my level read above it ?i think it need more fluid but i seen a you tude video with a guy doing tge tranine fluid and he had the car off checking it i tough your supost to have the car runing to check the fliud ???
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Acura
I think it low i had tge engine lite come on and andcwhen i pulled tge dip stick on it with tge car running it read under the dottom of tge 2holes on the dip stick were soukd it be on tge dip stick to read it over the 2 holes on tge bottom?
6/7/2015
Mechanic for Acura: Clayso, Master Automobile Technician replied 3 years ago
Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience and I'm here to help with this problem. Additional services may be offered for detailed information.
The proper procedure for checking and filling transmission fluid:
1. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature.
2. Park the vehicle on the level ground. Turn off the engine.
3. Remove the dipstick from the transmission and wipe it clean.
4. Insert the dipstick into the transmission.
5. Remove the dipstick and check the fluid level.
The fluid level should be between the upper mark and lower mark.
6. If the level is below the lower mark, add Honda automatic transmission fluid into the filler hole to bring it to the upper mark.
The link below illustrates the upper and lower marks on the dipstick.
Transmission Fluid Dipstick
http://tinyurl.com/o8e4agz
I hope this information is helpful to you.
Should you have any questions please let me know.
Thanks so much.