Kyle N.
Kyle N., ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  Master ASE Tech, Ca. smog lic
652461

RSX Type S: my 2002 Acura RSX during idle stop the rpm al of

my 2002 Acura RSX during idle stop the rpm al of a sudden go down to 300 rpms and then goes back to(NNN) NNN-NNNNrpms.

Kyle N. :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm an Acura expert. I'd be glad to help you with your problem.

Kyle N. :

Have you changed the battery recently or lost power to the car and needed a jump start maybe?

Customer:

No. But they change my A/C condenser. Do you think I need an new battery or could it bee the alternator going out?

Kyle N. :

Hi again, I would just call and ask if the battery was disconnected then.

Kyle N. :

On newer Honda/Acuras if the battery is disconnected or changed the idle needs to be re-learned. If this isn't done the idle can be erratic or it could idle hunt.

Kyle N. :

The first thing you could try is free and easy. Make sure you have the radio code first. Disconnect the negative then positive battery terminals then touch them together for a couple minutes ( I use a jumper wire so you don't have to hold them) then re-connect the positive then negative cables and make sure the A/C, blower fan and headlights are all off then start the engine and don't touch the gas or brake and let it idle a good 10 mins. In that time the computer will re-learn the idle values and it should fix it.

Kyle N. :

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more help or have a follow up question. Thanks!

Customer:

ok let me try that.

Customer:

Well I charged the battery just in case. I crossed the cable with the car off, then turned it on and let it idle for 10 minutes or so and it still the same so i gues it back to the shop to get the idle fixed. Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately they were not effective in this case.