Andrew
Andrew, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Master tech for 11 years.
64561840

TL: Hi I have a 2007 Acura TL. Ac Stopped working. found

Hi

I have a 2007 Acura TL. Ac Stopped working.

found that wires to compresor rubbed against back of pulley and cut wires.

Need help to connect wire. Have a large black wire that goes to compressor but I don't know where the other end attaches.

There is small blue wire coming out of a connector that looks like it may have gone to compressor,

so, have the big black and blue wire and need help as to whre the connect.

Thanks

Steve

OnlineMasterTech :

Hello [USERNAME] my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your Acura questions today!

OnlineMasterTech :

The light blue wire will go from the connector and will connect to the compressor clutch coil. The coil wire will be right behind the pulley area.

OnlineMasterTech :

As far as the black wire goes I don't see anywhere on the schematic where it would go on the A/C compressor. Is there a light blue wire that attaches to the compressor case that is cut and hanging?

Customer:

HI

Customer:

Hi It's difficult to see the clutch coil connections. I'll get a mirror and check. The blue wire is about 16 Gauge. will that handle clutch coil current. It looked to thin for that but i'll look at clutch. I will see if I can find wher one end of black wire goes and bact to you .

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

Hi Andrew.

Customer:

What is easiest way to acess the a/c clutch for me to reconnect the blue wire. Looks like I may need to remove the alternator. Suggestionjs??

Customer:

Steve

OnlineMasterTech :

Without evacuating the A/C system of refrigerant and removing the entire compressor I would agree that removing the alternator is probably the best course of action to gain access to the wiring.

OnlineMasterTech :

Also the wiring will handle the current flow with no problems at all. Once you get the alternator removed you will be able to see everything much better. Let me know what you find.

OnlineMasterTech :

Let me know if you have any other questions along the way and I will be glad to help. Please remember to rate me at Excellent Service and Thank You for letting me assist you today!

Customer:

Hi Andrew. Thanks for info. I'll pull the alternator and do the repairs. Hopefully I will be able to see where t6he large black wire went

Customer:

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Connected the blue wire and all is well.

The black wire that I saw when looking down the best I could before alternator was removed was insulation for the blue wire.

tnx

That is great to hear.