acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Acura Integra GSR: 96 Acura Integra cutting out

'96 Acura Integra completely cutting out while driving...half a sec. to 5 sec. Load, speed not a factor. It could do it 10 times over 10 min. and then drive perfectly. Had a hard time starting it yesterday for first time. Cranked, and then when released key to on, it would often try to start after seconds of nothing. Once, I coaxed it to start when it did that...basically starting without cranking the starter? Finally started and drove 45 min. home with no problem. Have changed fuel filter....Started fine this morning.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today. This sounds like a bad ignition switch. We see the contacts in the switch wear and burn causing these type of symptoms. I would start by changing the ignition switch. Especially if the dash is going dead at the same time as the car stalls.