acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Acura MDX Touring: My trip computer has a big black spot and

My trip computer has a big black spot and I bought another trip computer from ebay. How I can remove the old trip computer and install the new one in 2003 acura MDX? Do I need special tools?

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today.no special tools are needed but there are differences in the different years so be sure to get an 03 one . Here is how the radio comes out then just unscrew it and transfer it to the brackets. Here are some links to show you how . Put tape around the hole in the dash so the bracket doesn't scratch it

http://www.mdxers.org/forums/19-audio-electronics/14043-my-ipod-blitzsafe-install.html

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/display.pdf

If there is anything else I can help you with let me know.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Could you please, help me to understand the paragraph to remove the cover ( plood) in the first link: (http://www.mdxers.org/forums/19-audio-electronics/14043-my-ipod-blitzsafe-install.html)

The instructions from the link:

------------------------

The first thing to do was remove the plood from around the head unit. I used the coat hanger trick mentioned by Mjaime in another thread. (Scroll down a few posts.) It worked fine. Just stick the coat hanger in your vent (about 2 or 3 inches in) and carefully/gently pull the plood out. See Mjaime's instructions for more details if you need them. The red circle shows the hook I made at the end of the hanger. Once you get it started, just work the plood out by hand.

------------------------

When I tried to click from the above paragraph the "Mjaime in another thread" the link doesn't show anything, so I have trouble to understand how I can remove the cover...

Thanks,

Willy

What he is trying to say is make a hook and slide it through the vent and hook onto the rear of the vent and pull it out (about 3 inches back) . The whole wood grain piece just clips in.