acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

I have a 2007 honda accord v6, the ac will not work, the blower

I have a 2007 honda accord v6, the ac will not work, the blower motor ,the ac compressor and the radiator fan will not come on and all ac control lights and buttons seems to work.both cable to the blower motor remain red when the ignition is on whether the ac is on or off, I applied ground to the blower motor with a power probe and it worked

acramstr :

Hi [USERNAME], welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today.

Sorry but chat seems to be having problems. This is a bad blower transistor. The ground goes through the transistor. This is a common problem on this model . And the test is to apply ground to the blower motor and if it works the blower transistor is bad. You have already verified there is no ground so just replace the blower transistor. I have had some people get defective after market transistors lately .So I would advise using a factory Honda one. If you give me the vin # XXXXX can give you the Honda part number for the transistor. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know. If there is anything else I can help you with let me know..

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

but will the bad blower transistor cause the compressor and the condenser fan too not to come on?

The control system's all ground through the transistor and there is a thermo fuse soldered into the transistor that blows. Even if you look at the diagram it doesn't really make sense, I thought the same thing the first time I had this problem. Here is the test for the transistor so you can verify it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/blower.pdf

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok I will check that tomorrow and let you know.

OK I will check back. To make sure it is fixed
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Man you are the best, XXXXX XXXXX it as outlined in the chart and it came out the blower will not work when powered through pin # XXXXX terminal .i replaced the transistor with original one from Honda boooom!!! everything start working. Thaaaaank you.

Your Welcome, Come again.