acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

acura rl: i have a 2004 acura rl 3.5. my navi screen is stuck

Customer Question

i have a 2004 acura rl 3.5. my navi screen is stuck on "navi screen" and flashes every 3 min. i have taken unit alpine p/n:39540-SZ3-A01-M1 out of car reset. its tries to but goes right back to pic of planet earth reading navi screen my disc looks good. not one button on my unit up front works. no ac control, no menu control no nothing. i call acura and honda they said dont know!
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 4 years ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, welcome. I'm acramstr. And I will be assisting you today. This is going to be a problem in the trunk unit. We see this all the time in these. The good news is unit can be repaired it does not need to be replaced. The pc slot should be empty and has no effect on this problem. The trunk unit controls all the button function's around the screen as well as the navigation. So repairing the unit will solve both problems. If you want to send it in for repair yourself Here are 2 places that can fix it for you. Call them for more info and shipping info.

http://www.hitechserv.com/

If there is anything else I can help you with let me know. .

.Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.