Kyle N.
Kyle N., ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  Master ASE Tech, Ca. smog lic
652461

Acura TL: hello I have a 1999 acura tl it idles very rough

Customer Question

hello I have a 1999 acura tl it idles very rough under load while driving it works quite well but a highways speeds it is very hesitant on my genesis it reads the calculated load at idle is 96% with no dtc any ideas

Category: Acura
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 4 years ago.

Kyle N :

Hi, my name is Kyle and I'm an Acura expert here on JustAnswer.com. I'd be glad to help you with this problem.

Kyle N :

Have you checked the engine for vacuum leaks yet? It sounds like you have a vacuum leak causing the problem. That calculated load value way too high. It's also possible you bad MAP sensor causing the problem as well but if it were in my stall at the dealer I work for I would be checking the engine for vacuum leaks first. Check for loose, cracked, disconnected hoses. Any noises like hissing, etc..

Kyle N :

Let me know if you need more help.

JACUSTOMER-debwcq5m- :

hello kyle thanks for replying I have already checked for vacuum leaks visually and the accetaleine test after that I tried a new idle air control valve and map sensor, i am a very reputable mechanic and i do not like to push parts but i am at a dead end. if you have anymore input it would be greatly appretiated

Kyle N :

Hi again,

Kyle N :

What is the MAP reading at idle and at cruise?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this morning I checked map reading it is between 29.3 and 29.9 under all driving condidtions