Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

I have a 2008 acura mdx and the cd stuck in the player the

Customer Question
load light and the eject...
I have a 2008 acura mdx and the cd stuck in the player the load light and the eject light is not coming on.the radio play.what can I do?.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Acura
6/18/2013
Mechanic for Acura: HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN replied 4 years ago
HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com,

there are two options here: remove the audio unit and carefully partially disassemble the unit and try to push the cd out through the slot. I have been moderately successful get the old cd out, but usually it is damaged so don't have high hopes of getting the cd back damage free. i can upload instructions to remove the radio and describe how to disassemble it.

if you don't feel comfortable doing this then you can pull the audio unit and find a local radio repair shop that would be willing to take it apart and get the stuck cd out.

Please do not rate my service until we are completely done and you can rate my service good or better. Thanks

I need u to up load the instructions to remove the radio and disassembly it.

I need instructions on how to remove the unit & disassemble.can u send me a drawing?.

here is the link to removing the audio unit click here

let me know if you have any other questions

as I stated there are no instructions for disassembly because Honda does not want you to disassemble the unit.When you have the unit out i can walk you through the process but it is best if you have the unit out and in front of you.

The link u send me is not opening.Is it possible for u to open the link and copy then send it?.

2008 MDX - Audio Unit Removal/Installation

SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations, and the precautions and procedures before doing repairs or service.

.

NOTE:

• Put on gloves to protect your hands.

• Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.

• Lay a workshop towel under the parts when working on them to protect the face panel from scratches or other damage.

• Eject all the disc before remove the audio unit to prevent damaging the CD/DVD player's load mechanism.

• If you are replacing the audio unit, write down the audio presets (if possible), and enter them into the new audio unit.

1. Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the audio system and the navigation system (if equipped).

2. Remove the driver's inner dashboard trim, and front passenger's dashboard trim.

1. Remove the console lower trim panel (A) and the self tapping screws, then pull out the audio unit (B).

2. Disconnect the connectors (C), then remove the audio unit.

3. Remove the climate control unit.

1. Remove the screws and the audio unit (A) from the audio panel (B).

2. Install the audio unit in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

3. Give the new anti-theft codes to the client.

• Make sure all the connectors and the antenna lead are secure.

• Enter anti-theft codes for the audio system and the navigation system (if equipped).

• Set the clock (on vehicles without navigation).

• If necessary, enter the navigation system code.

i'm having trouble uploading pictures for the repair, i will try later today

I am not seeing any images. Is there a drawing i can look at?.

as i stated i am having problems uploading pictures.

I will wait until later to c if u get the images

HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN