Andrew
Andrew, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Master tech for 11 years.
64561840

How do I open driver door when levers wont disengage lock.

How do I open driver door when levers wont disengage lock. solenoid sounds like its working, can see inner and outer rods moving actuator when using handles. Need to open this door to make repair.

slonneman95 :

Hello I will be glad to help you with your Acura questions today.

slonneman95 :

Let me see what I can find for you.....this is going to be very hard to get the door open since the release point is hidden deep in the actual door latch. It is hard to explain where the location is but I am going to search for some pictures for you.

slonneman95 :

There is a diagram of the pin that you will need to pull down to open the door. I hope this helps you and let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to help.

slonneman95 :

Please remember to rate me at Excellent Service and Thank You for letting me assist you today!

slonneman95 :

.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX and the photo of the latch is just what I needed to do the the repair! The inner panel is not completely removable with door closed, but I could prop rear portion open with just enough room to do the work. Damage to panel was minimal and repairable, can't tell any work was done! Thanks Again!

That is great to hear and I am glad you were able to finish the repair. I know first hand how difficult it is to get the door open when the latch fails. Thank You again for letting me assist you today and have a great day!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My car is a 1998 3.0CL. I have a bad right front hub. If I replace the spindle assembly with a used part what part will fit? Auto recyclers keep offering me an Accord part with a different hub and rotor, i.e. rotor bolts to inside of hub, replacement of rotor involves pressing out bearing and hub to replace. My hub is different, rotor is screwed to hub from outer side and sandwiched between hub and wheel, four lugs, VIN # XXXXX assembled March 1998. Was there a production change?

Let me do a little research for you.......probably will need to use a spindle from a 98-02 Accord and they are trying to sell you a 94-97 Accord part. Please remind me if you do not hear back from me by tomorrow.

Ok the CL actually shows two different hubs as you can see in this link:

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CL&catcgry2=1998&catcgry3=2DR+BAS3.0&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=FRONT%2BBRAKE%2B%282%29&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

The part numbers between the 98 Accord and 98 CL are technically different but I think it is just to differentiate between Acura and Honda. I can't say 100% for sure that they will interchange but I strongly think that they will. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to help!