Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 Acura: key fob or the interior button..trunk lid..seat cushion…

I just brought my kid...
I just brought my kid home from football - we have a bunch of football and camera equipment loaded in the trunk of my 2006 Acura TL. We're trying to unload but the trunk will not release with the key fob or the interior button - we hear it click but it does not release the trunk lid. I opened the seat cushion and moved the stuff around so we can see the lock mechanism now. We even tried to open from inside the car using a stick to move the safety handle inside the trunk - it still does not open. Any idea how we can get this trunk released would be much appreciated. We need to unload. Thanks
10/23/2011
HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN

HONDASERVICE7791 :

can you see anything that could of gottencaught in the latch? have you tried having some one pressing down on the trunk while you press the button or fob? is there a key cylinder in the trunk to use a key on the trunk?

Customer:

Yes we have tried pressing on the trunk while clicking.

Customer:

No we can not see anything caught in the latch inside the trunk. When I click the key fob or move the interior handle I hear the clicking sound but do not see anything moving in the latch device. Do you think their is a connecting cord broken somewhere that we can not see - that this might be an issue that only the dealer can resolve?

HONDASERVICE7791 :

there is connecting cord unfortunately, if you'ne some one small enough to squeeze through the rear seat you might be able to reach the inner emergency handle or get better access to the latch

Customer:

we are able to move the emergency handle reaching through the seat with a stick - however, when we push the emergency handle the trunk still does not release. The hole between the seats is too small for a person of any size to go through. Is there any way to access the connecting cord - where does it run? Is it reachable or visible anywhere inside the trunk?

HONDASERVICE7791 :

no and if you dont have a lever inside the car to open the trunk and there is only a button, then the connection is electrical. it hooks to an actuator located on the latch, which is not accessible from inside the trunk area. looks like you will need to take it to the dealer to get them to get it open.

Customer:

I guess I accept the conclusion that I have to take it to the dealer - I'm thinking I should have requested the $35 answer. At least we tried.

HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN
HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, TECHNICIAN