1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, ASE Cert. Technician
Experience:  assoc. degree in auto technology.
32196277

2008 Acura TSX: my radio code..navigation..owners manual..wouldnt

Customer Question

I need to retrieve my radio code for my 2008 Acura TSX w/o navigation and without my owners manual. (I wouldnt be paying if i had it!!)
Category: Acura
Expert:  1smartcarguy replied 6 years ago.

1smartcarguy :

Hi, thank you for using justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will help assist you today.

1smartcarguy :

you need the serial number for the radio in order to get the code. to do this have key in on position. hold down preset buttons 1 and 6 then turn the radio power on. it will flash a 8 digit number. this is the serial number.

1smartcarguy :

if you can get me the number i should be able to help you out.

Customer:

yea, we got the serial number but how do we put in the code?

Customer:

the serial number we got is U1005 L9418

1smartcarguy :

ok the code should be 53213

1smartcarguy :

turn the radio on and it should say code on the screen. simply input the numbers

1smartcarguy :

hope this helps

1smartcarguy :

accepts greatly appreciated

Customer:

im gonna accept but can i ask one more question if its okay?

1smartcarguy :

sure

Customer:

is there a way to reset the tpms from the car?

1smartcarguy :

there are 2 different tpms lights. one is for low tire pressure. which look like a tire with an exclamation in it. which is corrected by inflating tires to 32 psi and then driving above 26mph. the light will go out on its own.

the other is the actual TPMS light. if this is on then there is a malfunction in the system and it would need to be fixed before the light can be turned off.

Customer:

Ok, I have meeting at the dealership monday i was just seeing if it was possible before i head there.

1smartcarguy :

no problem.