MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician
Experience:  27 years of Honda training and a master Acura tech
10834442

95 Acura Legend: the speedometer works..sterring..speed sensor

On my 95 Acura Legend type S - the speedometer works intermidiently. The dealer investigated it an recommended I replace the sterring angle sensor and vehicle speed sensor for speedometer. I asked waht does that all mean and they said I had to replace the steering column
Category: Acura
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 6 years ago.

MASTER TECH :

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

MASTER TECH :

did this have a code stored for this ?

MASTER TECH :

typically all that goes wrong with these is the speed sensor on the diff that needs to be replaced.

Customer:

No I guess I have to go back on Monday and ask the dealer? Do you mean the speed sensor on the differential?

MASTER TECH :

yes

MASTER TECH :

this is a electronic part.

MASTER TECH :

im amazed at this dealer on their repair process

MASTER TECH :

so this tells me the tech that is working on this is very inexpereinced

MASTER TECH :

cause tesing this sensor when it fails will 100 % tell it's bad

MASTER TECH :

thats all we ever replace and no other issues

Customer:

How diffcult is this to replace? I agree I think I got an very inexpereinced tech last Friday. I have been using this dealership for 10 years. As along time customer I think I have some things they need to correct in their diagonsstic process for me.

MASTER TECH :

this is very easy let me load this info

Customer:

Great

MASTER TECH :

please CLICK HERE for vss info. once you have the speed sensor housing hanging then you will see the 3 small torx screws remove these and the electrical part will come out and reverse install. it really is easy to do.

Customer:

Thanks again