MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician
Experience:  27 years of Honda training and a master Acura tech
10834442

cannot open my 1999 Acura CL door cannot take the panel off

Category: Acura
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 6 years ago.

MASTER TECH :

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

MASTER TECH :

does this not open from the inside and outside correct ?

MASTER TECH :

if so the latch is broken and needs to be replaced.

MASTER TECH :

you will have to remove the drivers seat from the car and then remove the door panel and be careful not to break it.

MASTER TECH :

this is pretty common on these.

MASTER TECH :

then you will need a mirror and a 90deg pick tool to manually move the latch lever to open the door

MASTER TECH :

let me look for the image that shows this and how to open the door

MASTER TECH :

please CLICK HERE for directions to open the door latch after you remove the door panel

Customer:

A friend of mine seemed to think you could take the panel off with the seat still in place??

Customer:

Something about plastic clips that the rods hold... would it be easier to just cut through the panel inside panel and replace it with one from a junk yard? five different mechanics (one of which is AAA) could not open the door. Is this a common occurance?

MASTER TECH : No the seat has to come out
MASTER TECH : I don't know about cutting the panels and stuff I do what the ditec
MASTER TECH : I do what the directions say on the info I sent. How ever if you chose to do it another way that's your choice.
MASTER TECH : This is a common thing that happens on these do not replace with a used one or you will be doing it again spend the money and buy the new latch assembly from aura and be done with it.