Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Acura MDX: with vin: 2hnyd28317h533055, could not remember 4 digit pin…

I have Acura MDX 2007...
I have Acura MDX 2007 with VIN: 2HNYD28317H533055, could not remember 4 digit pin for it, could you please advise what can be done in my case. Thank you in advance. Alexey.
5/4/2011
MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician

MASTER TECH :

Hello welcome to just answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you today.

MASTER TECH :

do you have the navi serial #

MASTER TECH :

I will need this to get your navi code , the vin# XXXXX nothing for the navi codes

JACUSTOMER-0lhgkx5y- :

Hello, where should I check navi code?

MASTER TECH :

look in the owners manual packet

MASTER TECH :

you will see a carbon maint journal

MASTER TECH :

in the front section you will see the vehicle info like the vin# XXXXX radio and navi codes

JACUSTOMER-0lhgkx5y- :

There is no navi code mentioned, I have looked through each page in manual book. As soon as I start the engine, the system on the front display is requesting to anter 4 digit code to start radio, back view camera, and other options on the front panal, nothing is working, I can just drive. As I know the code should be provide by Acura diller but I could not find info on code, should I address my question to the Acura diller?

MASTER TECH :

well I can get you the code but the serial # XXXXX XXXXX issue. have you looked in the glove box and the under hood fuse box lid ?

MASTER TECH :

or you can try and manually get the serial # XXXXX the navi

JACUSTOMER-0lhgkx5y- :

how to do that?

MASTER TECH :

you will need to push and hold the map and menu and cancel buttons at the same time hold these 3 until the screen goes into a different screen

MASTER TECH :

once you get into the this diag screen you will need to click the unit check and then the navi ecu and their the serial # XXXXX be

MASTER TECH :

DO NOT push any clear buttons or the system will erase all your info

JACUSTOMER-0lhgkx5y- :

OK

MASTER TECH :

try this and see what you come up with

JACUSTOMER-0lhgkx5y- :

Ok I will get back to you as soon as I have serial number, thanks.

MASTER TECH :

the honda site is closed right now so I wont be able to get the code until the morning but this will put us one step closer

MASTER TECH :

we missed the cut off by 23 mins

JACUSTOMER-0lhgkx5y- :

Ok.

MASTER TECH :

ok I will look forward to your reply with the serial #

MASTER TECH :

are you going to try this now ?

JACUSTOMER-0lhgkx5y- :

I will be able to check this only in couple of hours.

MASTER TECH :

ok

JACUSTOMER-0lhgkx5y- :

Serial Number is: HCB24027303

MASTER TECH :

please use navi code 1998

Customer: Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX try it tomorrow, and will get back to you as soon as I try. It is going to be in 13 hours from now.
MASTER TECH : Sounds great. Have s nice day
Customer: After entering code you provided 1998, there is "navigation unit door is open or no dvd disk installed. Please check the system. And on the climate control Dana is following massage displayed "code error-4"
MASTER TECH :

ok please check the navi door and see if it's open this is under the drivers seat

MASTER TECH :

not sure about the error code 4 is this on the radio screen ?

Customer: navi door is closed,code error is on radio screen.
MASTER TECH :

ok so the radio is not working correct ?

Customer: navi door is closed,code error is on radio screen.
MASTER TECH :

Hello

Customer: Hi.
MASTER  TECH
MASTER TECH, Acura Technician
not sure why their is a error code if everything is working
Hello so is the radio working ? what is not working?