Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

2001 Acura MDX: cars..ignition key..the car shift stick was..roll

Customer Question
I have a 2001 Acura...
I have a 2001 Acura MDX. Originally, like in most cars, i could not take my ignition key out of the ignition unless the car shift stick was in park position, but now i am able to do so even while the car is in drive, which can be dangerous, as the car can roll if i dont remember to put on the handbreak. whats the problem and can i fix it myself?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Acura
Answered in 1 day by:
11/6/2010
Mechanic for Acura: al-mod,
 replied 7 years ago
al-mod

Hi, I'm a Moderator on the Just Answer website and will try to help you get an answer as you have been waiting for awhile. I do not answer questions, rather I work with Customers and Experts to try to help questions get answered. The response rate on Just Answer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions may go un-answered. Some of the common reasons found on some questions are:

1. The question is unclear.

2. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.

3. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online.

4. And sometimes, there just may not be an Expert available who feels they have the proper experience to reply.

This isn't an all-inclusive list as to why questions may go unanswered but they are some common reasons.

I have re-listed the question and alerted Experts that you are needing a response. Should you not receive an answer and you made a deposit, the deposit is fully refundable by visiting the Just Answer help pages or by replying back on this thread.

Thanks for using Just Answer.
Dear Al,

I asked for three questions. 2 of them appear as locked, they shouldnt be. They are very basic questions that easily meet your 1,2,3 criteria. Can you please unlock them. The third question I asked may be a little more complex.
I think the issue is with your reason #4 - Ie; there are no experts available.
I will cancel my subscription tonite if I dont get an answer. I dont really have a choice, if you dont have experts, the premise for your service fails.
Hopefully I get an answer, in the past i had found the service very rapid, for even complex issues, so id like to stay your customer if possible. thanks.
Relist: No answer yet.
Mechanic for Acura: Don - Mo Lurch, Acura Mechanic replied 7 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Acura Mechanic

again...sorry for the problems

this sounds like the Shift Interlock or the Key Cylinder
More likely Shift Interlock

Could be the Cable is loose or one end broken

Here is Acura procedure

graphic

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Acura Mechanic
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Acura Mechanic