Acura

Acura 04 tl.....cruise control button will not stay engaged…

Acura 04 tl.....cruise control button...
Acura 04 tl.....cruise control button will not stay engaged unless it is held down. Is this a fuse problem or ?????? If so, which fuse as it is not listed on the panel indicator or in the manual. thank you.... Read full answer
Acura 04 tl.....cruise control button will not stay engaged unless it is held down. Is this a fuse problem or ?????? If so, which fuse as it is not listed on the panel indicator or in the manual. thank you.
8/19/2010
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Acura Mechanic

This will not be a Fuse problem, but the Switch or Programming issue
Switch should be a "momentary" type switch
When pressed it sends a signal to the gauge control module and the cruise control main switch indicator LED illuminates.

Then, the set switch is pressed, a reference voltage signal is sent to the gauge control module. The gauge control module grounds the cruise control indicator LED illuminating it. The gauge control module communicates the set signal via multiplex communication lines to the ECM/PCM.

You need to have the system checked, via Dealer Scan Tool to determine Switch or Control Module

If this has helped, please click ACCEPT........

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Acura Mechanic
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have removed the actuator motor that controls where the
I have removed the actuator motor that controls where the air blows out and the motor is working and gears are good but still will not work when I plug it back in. I have a 99 TL and the mode buttons … read more
Retired,
N/A
Where is headlight relay in 2005 Acura TL? I just need this
I just need to know the location of the headlight relay … read more
Automotive Technician,
2003 ACURA TL-S, Cruise control light comes on at the switch
2003 ACURA TL-S, Cruise control light comes on at the switch when I turn it on but that is it no dash light and cruise does not work the fuse is good so ? … read more
robert legowski
robert legowski
Stop searching for answers—
ACURA TL IMMOBILIZER. PLEASE HELP!! I have a 2009 Acura TL,
ACURA TL IMMOBILIZER. PLEASE HELP!! I have a 2009 Acura TL, with every option, including Key FOB/push button start. Best car I've ever owned. But all of a sudden, we're getting the Green Flashing Immo… read more
mike switzer
mike switzer
My 04 acura ac shut off an back on, no, its the blower 04
my 04 acura ac shut off an back on JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Customer: no JA: What is the model of your '04 Acura? Customer: its the blower 04 tl JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What … read more
justinsbg
justinsbg
Lead Diagnostic Tech,
The cruise control has stopped working, however it works
The cruise control has stopped working, however it works once in a while very unpredictable and once on if you apply brakes, it will come off but will not turn on next time. … read more
acramstr
acramstr
Shop foreman,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
tsx: Hi. The cruise control broke on my 2008 TSX. The main
Hi. The cruise control broke on my 2008 TSX. The main switch doesn't turn the cruise control system on. If I hold the switch down, it work. The problem is that the switch doesn't stay actuated.… read more
justinsbg
justinsbg
Lead Diagnostic Tech,
Acura TL: I have the same cruise control switch problem with
I have the same cruise control switch problem with my 2005 acura tl. Switch pops right out. Where do I get a replacement switch, and instruction on how to install.… read more
Kyle N.
Kyle N.
ASE Certified Tech,
TL: My Handsfree Link on my 2006 TL wont find my paired phone
My Handsfree Link on my 2006 TL won't find my paired phone and I thought maybe I had to reset it, but the steering column "Talk" button doesn't respond at all. Is it a fuse, or something else?… read more
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
Master Tech,
Integra: The cruise control on my 1992 Acura Intergra quit.
The cruise control on my 1992 Acura Intergra quit. Cannot locate a fuse identified as Cruise control in either fuse box. How do I troubleshoot and is there a fuse or perhaps an in line fusable link - … read more
CarQuestionGuy
CarQuestionGuy
I have an acura tl 2.5 and the ABS in dash light usually
I have an acura tl 2.5 and the ABS in dash light usually goes off after starting the engine when cold, i.e. in the morning. If the car is used and reach normal temperature and the engine is shut down,… read more
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
Master Tech,
1991 Acura legend: the cruise control..quit working
the cruise control on my 1991 Acura legend quit working. I checked the fuse and it is good.… read more
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
ASE MasterTechnician,
Stop searching for answers—
Acura TL: sitting..replaced twice..Dealer acts like they never heard
06 acura TL battery will be dead after sitting 1 or 2 days. Battery has been replaced twice in 1 month. Dealer acts like they never heard of this problem. Car has nav and bluetooth. Need help--Thanks… read more
rubasu
rubasu
Acura Technician,
2004 Acura tl: the cruise control..light goes..funny thing
I have a 2004 Acura tl and the cruise control just stopped working. The light will come on if i press the cruise button but as soon as i let go the light goes off. funny thing is, if i hold the cruise… read more
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
ASE MasterTechnician,
1999 Acura: Brake job..cruise control..control doesnt work
1999 Acura. Haven't worked on Acura's so need help. Brake job done three months ago now cruise control doesn't work. Vic… read more
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
ASE MasterTechnician,
2000 acura tl: ac..system is a reciever drier type and holds a vacuum.
I dont know what to do next. I have a 2000 acura tl with ac problems. the system is a reciever drier type and holds a vacuum. The compressor does not engage. When checking for voltage at the compresso… read more
George H.
George H.
ASE Certified Technician,
2004 acura tl: a/c compressor not kicking on All the fuses..gauges
2004 acura tl a/c compressor not kicking on All the fuses are good Had a friend put his gauges on it but could not get a reading on both sides since the compressor not on.… read more
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
Master Tech,
1997 acura: remove the air bag control module..TL...brackets, etc
I need to remove the air bag control module from a 1997 Acura TL. The control module appears to be under the radio with brackets, etc in the way. What do I have to remove to get it out ?.… read more
acramstr
acramstr
Shop foreman,