Acura

Acura repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1997 Acura: the kit)..slave cylinder..master cylinder..slip…

Customer Question
I have a 1997 Acura...
I have a 1997 Acura Integra. I have just had my whole clutch system replace (everything that comes in the kit), along with the slave cylinder and the clutch master cylinder. Now when the car gets hot, after you drive about 20 - 30 minutes, the transmission starts to slip. In other words, when you press on the gas, the RPM's rises and the engine begins to race but the car is slow moving into gear. Now it is just hard to pull at all. I can only get it up to about 10 - 20 MPH which means I can't drive it . any ideas anyone.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Acura
6/23/2010
Mechanic for Acura: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the rpms rise but the car does not, its definetley not the cat converter, it is in the clutch system, most likely the wrong pressure plate, but NOt a Cat converter, you need to remove the trans and inspect the clutch plate and the disc, it is going to be in one of these,Tim
The mechanic who did the work on my car is now telling me that the flywheel is worn to thin and that he did not think it was that thin when he replaced all the other parts. So if the the fly wheel is to thin could that be the problem with the slipping???
Yes, but it should have been resurfaced when he did the clutch, and when they do that, its supposed to be checked for thickness, if he didnt do that, and it was to thin, then this can cause the problem,Tim