Acura

2004 MDX: replace the drivers side headlight assembly due…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 MDX...
I have a 2004 MDX. I need to replace the drivers side headlight assembly due to moisture issues. I was told that the bumber has to be dropped to replace this assembly. If so, is this job better left to the pros at an Acura dealership? Thanks.

Woody Morris... Read full answer

Woody Morris
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Acura
6/17/2010
Mechanic for Acura: thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician replied 9 years ago
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello Mr. Morris and welcome to justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with this.

Yes, it is true that the front bumper cover needs to be removed to replace the headlight assembly.

I have included the instructions for front bumper removal so that you can be the judge as to if you wanted to do this on your own. Most shops charge 2 hours labor to replace the headlight assembly.

graphicgraphic

thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
It caught on fire. 20041 mdx ops sorry2004. 2004. No i dont
no i dont i take it to shop that are authorized by acura … read more
Agustin Grandinetti
Agustin Grandinetti
AS in Automotive Technology
2007 MDX low beam not working. I replaced the bulb to no
2007 MDX low beam not working. I replaced the bulb to no avail. … read more
Automotive Technician,
My master power window unit stopped working while it was in
My master power window unit stopped working while it was in shop to replace alternator. windows work from individual windows but nothing from drivers side. I also have static on radio cannot get any s… read more
Acura Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
2007 Acura MDX Low beam headlight issue. My low beam
2007 Acura MDX Low beam headlight issue. My low beam headlight is out. I replaced the bulb and it didn't fix the light. The headlight assembly has a good bit of moisture in it and I want to get everyt… read more
Automotive Diagnostic Specialist,
General auto certifications
Acura Service Dealer told me my front struts and rear shocks
Acura Service Dealer told me my front struts and rear shocks need to be replaced on my 2007 Acura MDX. What should the cost be with parts and labor for each job? Need to replace motor mounts on a 2004… read more
Retired,
N/A
Mdx: I have a 2008 Acura mdx . The passenger side Low beam
I have a 2008 Acura mdx . The passenger side Low beam (head lights) are not working. Everything else (high beam, turn, fog lamps , day time running) is working fine. I replaced the low beam HIDs, both… read more
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
Master Tech,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
acura mdx: My 2004 Acura MDX is having electrical problems.
My 2004 Acura MDX is having electrical problems. When I turn on my headlights I hear a buzzing coming from the instrument cluster, also my power door locks from the driver side do not work, the master… read more
Acura Technician,
I was hit in the left rear driver side wheel of my 2011 Acura
I was hit in the left rear driver side wheel of my 2011 Acura MDX and the rear could not be aligned. The tow came in at .36 when it should be below .16. I am being told that the Acura mdx's do not hav… read more
George H.
George H.
ASE Certified Technician,
2003 Acura MDX: My driver side..passenger seat..junk yard (driver side
Can you install the leather of a 2003 Acura MDX Passenger side front on the Driver side. My driver side leather was vandalized, and new it cost close to $1000 to replace. So I was thinking I could get… read more
Andrew
Andrew
ASE Master Tech,
2008 acura: noticable..passenger..49,500 miles so still under warranty
I have a 2008 Acura MDX...Tecnology Package. Noticable condesation now in the passenger headlight assembly. 49,500 miles so still under warranty. Just took it in this morning to the Acura dealer...the… read more
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
Master Tech,
Acura: drivers side..moisture..the drivers side went bad and thats
My Acura 2003 light on the driver's side is not working, and lens has the moisture inside. I was told that transformer on the drivers side went bad and that's why light doesn't work. how it can be fix… read more
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
ASE MasterTechnician,
2003 MDX: the drivers side headlight assembly..bumper
have a 2003 MDX. I need to replace the drivers side headlight assembly due to moisture issues. I was also told that the bumper has to be dropped to replace this assembly. If so, is this job better lef… read more
SHOP OWNER,
Stop searching for answers—
The drivers side low beam headlight..headlight assembly..blown..bulbs
The drivers side low beam headlight doesn't work. I had some condensation inside the headlight assembly, and purchased another one to replace. I thought the moisture had blown the bulb, but when I rep… read more
acramstr
acramstr
Shop foreman,
2004 TSX: HID (low beam, drivers side) bulb..it blow the new bulb
I am looking to replace the HID (low beam, drivers side) bulb on my 2004 TSX. However, I am concerned that the HID inverter may be damaged. If the inverter is damaged, can it blow the new bulb when I … read more
acramstr
acramstr
Shop foreman,
2004 MDX: 000 miles..We had the torque converter..needs replacing
I have a 2004 MDX with 100,000 miles. We had the torque converter replaced two years ago. The dealer just told us that it needs replacing again. Acura has agreed to go 50/50 on the repair. My question… read more
rubasu
rubasu
Acura Technician,
2004 MDX: a factory roof dvd screen..Honda..attaches
Can a factory roof dvd screen from a 2004 MDX be replaced with a Honda one? They look the same. My ribbon cable broke that attaches to the screen.… read more
rubasu
rubasu
Acura Technician,
Replacing passenger side headlampe unit and turn signal...front bumper
Replacing passenger side headlampe unit and turn signal. It appears that I have to remove the front bumper/dam to access the units. How do I remove the bumper/dam?… read more
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Acura Mechanic,
2001 Acura MDX: replace the drivers side, headlight assembly
2001 Acura MDX - I need to replace the driver's side, headlight assembly. (The lens is tainted, and no longer clear.) I've purchased a replacement assembly. What is the process/steps involved with thi… read more
BigBob
BigBob
Service Manager,