Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

How can I find my stereo serial number without taking out

Customer Question
the stereo? How many numbers...
How can I find my stereo serial number without taking out the stereo? How many numbers & letters does it include? (Acura TLC 1999)
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Acura
5/16/2010
Mechanic for Acura: 1smartcarguy, ASE Cert. Technician replied 7 years ago
1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, ASE Cert. Technician

Hi, thank you for using justanswer.com. My name is ***** ***** i will help assist you today.

The only other way to get the serial number is ***** look around the sides and inside your glove box for a white sticker with the number on it. Also in your owners manual. Also try under the lid of the fusebox in under you hood.

if you can't locate the sticker the only other way is to remove the radio from the vehicle.

It is typically a 8 or 9 digit sequence of letter and numbers.

If you can locate the code, I can get the radio code for you.

Hope this helps

Accepts greatly appreciated

Thank you! F1K64V171 I found this one I hope this is it.

OK, unfortunately the system used to get your radio code is temporarily not working, I would have to wait and try to check for the code tomorrow. Could possibly need to wait until Monday.

At times the database can only be accessed during normal business hours. if you can wait I should be able to get the code for you.

Sorry for the current moment. i will check back regularly and post it here as soon as i get it.

Hope you can wait, sorry.

1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, ASE Cert. Technician
That's fine I can deffinetly wait! I will be waiting.
I was able to look up the serial number for you. It seems the serial number is ***** and/ or an invalid number. Could you recheck to make sure you got the number correct?
Ok thank you. I'll look again and see if I find another number & get back to you.
1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, ASE Cert. Technician