Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

What to do if Daytime running light (DRL) on dashboard is ON

What to do if Daytime...

What to do if Daytime running light (DRL) on dashboard is ON... but actual DRL lights is not going on. It goes out (drl lights would go on). Now after driving for a while it goes off (and actual lights go on). How do I fix this?

Answered in 1 day by:
5/10/2010
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician

"after stepping on brake hard a few times. That does not work anymore" .....I'm sorry, but do you mean they do not work anymore?

So just to be certain, sometimes the DRL's work, but sometimes they do not, correct?

Yes, you are correct. Stepping on the brake hard does not make light go away. They go on after driving for a while

Thank you. Most of the time this is a bad DRL control unit. It is located under the dash on the driver side.

There is an input test for it, but with an intermittent problem, it would be very hard to test to confirm since sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

The only way to be certain would be to swap it with a known good one and retry, but I see a lot of these bad and this would be my first choice.

Once the light in the dash is out it does not come back on until cse engine/ power is off. Then I have to drive for a while again
Yes. This is normally the DRL control unit. I will be happy to send the test procedure if you would like to do an input test the next time it fails?
Sure that would be great!

Here ya go.

graphicgraphic

thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician