Acura

1991 Acura: Engine turns..fuel filter and spark at the spark plug.

Customer Question
1991 Acura Integra will not...
1991 Acura Integra will not start. Engine turns over, there is gas at the fuel filter and spark at the spark plug.... Read full answer
1991 Acura Integra will not start. Engine turns over, there is gas at the fuel filter and spark at the spark plug.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Acura
3/15/2010
Mechanic for Acura: 1smartcarguy, ASE Cert. Technician replied 9 years ago
1smartcarguy
1smartcarguy, ASE Cert. Technician

when you refer to the fuel injector relay. Are you refering to the fuel main relay. its about 2 inches by 4 inches correct. up underneath the drivers dash

can you tell if the injectors are actually spraying fuel?-are the plugs covered with fuel

what color was the spark at the spark plug?

Have you checked the engines compression?

Also are you abe to check to see if the engine is in time?--just making sure the timing belt has not broke or jumped any teeth

Edited by 1smartcarguy on 3/15/2010 at 11:01 PM EST
I am asking the question for a Spanish speaker so I will ask him your questions through his wife.
thats fine. i do need the answers to the questions in the previous post please?
Ok, they said the replaced the fuel pump relay that was located under the steering column. It did not solve the problem so they returned it. He said the plugs weren't wet, however I had him pull #2 and it was oily and smelled of gas. Number 1 plug was a nice brown color. They do have a timing light, but do not know the specs.

They need to check the engines compression and mechanical timing. Remove the valve cover and see if the timing belt marks on the camshaft gears are still all lined up with the crankshaft correctly.

They have now check the timing belt. They tell me they pulled the valve cover and the marks all align. I sent them diagrams of what they should look for. They would like to know where the crankshaft position sensor is located.

This vehicle does not have a crank sensor. It is all built internal of the distributor.

Does the engine have compression?

If you can tell me what color the spark is, and does the ignition coil have any burn marks around it?

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
integra rs: My 1990 Acura integra cranks over but will not
My 1990 Acura integra cranks over but will not start it's getting fuel and spark I just replaced the distributor can't figure out Why it won't start… read more
Automotive Diagnostic Specialist,
General auto certifications
Acura Integra RS: My 1991 Integra turns over but wont start.
My 1991 Integra turns over but won't start. Had it in the shop last week for a new distributor cap and plugs...was working fine until this morning when it started up, and then stalled while idling.… read more
Neal
Neal
Auto repair pro, 30 years experience,
1991 acura legend: going down..wont start..fuel pressure..injector
I have a 1991 acura legend, it quits running going down the road and now it wont start at all, replaced fuel filter and main relay under dash that controls fuel pump. Had it tested by a mechanic, has … read more
SHOP OWNER,
Stop searching for answers—
1991 Acura Integra GS: Got a jump but only lights would come
i have a 1991 Acura Integra GS with a 1997 Honda CRV engine. My cuz left lights on yesterday and all was dead. Got a jump but only lights would come on, the car still would not turn over. So the guys … read more
Steve
Steve
technician/service adviser,
1991 ACURA: troubleshoot..getting spark..getting fuel, when we checked
My Son has a 1991 ACURA INTREGRA, The engine will turn over but not start, this is what we have done to try and troubleshoot the issue, we are getting spark and the battery is good, we are getting fue… read more
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
ASE MasterTechnician,
I drove my 1991 Integra through an 8 inch puddle..towed..spark plugs
(I asked this question yesterday, but it's not showing up today - I will ask it again) Two months ago, I drove my 1991 Integra through an 8 inch puddle and the car stalled. I towed the car home and wa… read more
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
Master Tech,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
1991 acura: drove my..car stalled..car still wont start
I drove my 1991 Acura Intregra through a puddle and the car stalled out on the other side. The puddle wasn't too deep, maybe 8" and every other car crossed the puddle without a problem. 24 hours later… read more
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
Master Tech,
Replaced fuel pump and fuel filter...getting fuel out of the filter.
Replaced fuel pump and fuel filter. I have spark. I am getting fuel out of the filter. Car continued to stall intermitantly, now will not run. I think between the filter and injectors I have a problem… read more
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
ASE MasterTechnician,
A hose blow out and soak my brand new distributor (500.00..wont start
i had a hose blow out and soak my brand new distributor (500.00) Ive let it dry out for a week and it still wont start. Just turns over. Any ideas? 91 Acura Integra also I checked each plug to make su… read more
SHOP OWNER,
1991 Acura: a sound like it is about to engage but it keeps doing that
Hi! My engine is not starting though it is making a sound like it is about to engage but it keeps doing that. What could be wrng with it? It's a 1991 Acura Integra. Thanks so much!… read more
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
ASE MasterTechnician,
95 Acura Integra SE: stopped running..shifted..It wont start
My 95 Acura Integra SE suddenly stopped running. I'd just turned a corner, shifted into 2nd, and it died. It won't start. I've already put on new spark plugs, new spark plug wires, a new valve cover g… read more
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
Master Tech,
96 acura integra ls: oil, spark plugs..fuel filter..new battery
ive been having problems getting my car to start 96 acura integra ls, i never had a problem with it until it sat for about 5 months during the winter, i never went out to start it, when spring came i … read more
Steve
Steve
technician/service adviser,
Stop searching for answers—
1994 acura: crank..start and run it may sputter and sometimes may die
1994 acura integra. it will crank but not start. when it does start and run it may sputter and sometimes may die again. I already changed the plugs and the roter button. Checked the fuel line and the … read more
rubasu
rubasu
Acura Technician,
1991 Acura Integra GS: wasnt getting..turns over but wont start
Hello I have a 1991 Acura Integra GS with a 1.8 ltr. engene the B18-a-1a and i just put a new destributor in it. Before it wasn't getting any spark but now it is but it still just turns over but wont … read more
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
ASE MasterTechnician,
1991 Honda: It ran fine, I..wouldnt start..getting fuel..moisture
I have a 1991 Honda Acura Integra which will not start. It ran fine, I shut it off and it wouldnt start again. It appears to be getting fuel and attempts to start, I did have moisture in the fuel once… read more
acramstr
acramstr
Shop foreman,
1996 Acura: it is turning over but not getting gas, fuel pump
1996 Acura Integra, went to start it this morning and it sounds like it is turning over but not getting gas, fuel pump?… read more
thebesthonda
thebesthonda
ASE MasterTechnician,
Acura: run fine..fuel filter..it was clogged and it did the same thing
My Acura integra will start and run fine for a couple of minutes then shut off like it is out of fuel. I changed the fuel filter thinking it was clogged and it did the same thing. if the car sits for … read more
Kyle N.
Kyle N.
ASE Certified Tech,
97 acura: cap..driving home..fuel, air filter is clean but no spark
oil spilled out all over the top of my engine on a 97 acura integra because my wife forgot to put the cap back on after adding oil. I was driving home and the engine just quit, it will turn over and h… read more
acramstr
acramstr
Shop foreman,