Acura

Acura Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Acura

2007 Acura RDX outside rear view mirror trying to replace

Customer Question
2007 Acura RDX outside rear...
2007 Acura RDX outside rear view mirror
trying to replace broken turn signal light within mirror assembly
have removed mirror assembly from door, STILL cannot remove light from assembly
have cracked the mirror glass in this attempt
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Acura
9/3/2009
Mechanic for Acura: AutoTech08, Workshop owner replied 8 years ago
AutoTech08
AutoTech08, Workshop owner

Hi there,

Here are the procedures.

MIRROR HOLDER REPLACEMENT
NOTE
: When prying with a flat -tipped screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
1 . Adjust the mirror fully to the inward position.

2 . Insert a long, thin flat-tipped screwdriver in the opening between the lower edge of the mirror holder (A) and the mirror housing (B). Slide the tip of the screwdriver between the mirror holder and the inner holder (C) of the actuator.

graphic

3. Quickly twist the screwdriver to separate the mirror holder from the mirror actuator.

4 . Insert the screwdriver further under the mirror holder and twist it again.

NOTE: Do not pry up on the mirror holder to separate the two parts, as this can cause either the mirror glass or actuator to break.

5 . Separate the mirror holder (A) from the actuator (B) by slowly pulling the mirror apart while separating the adhesive (C), and release the hooks (D). Disconnect the mirror defogger connectors from the heater pad terminals.

graphic
6 . Before reinstalling the mirror holder to the inner holder (A) of the actuator, check the actuator rods (B) and the actuator boots (C):

• If each rod is off the actuator hole, insert it securely.
  • The whole of each rod should be covered with the boot. If not, adjust the boot into proper position.

graphic

7 . Reconnect the mirror defogger connectors.

8 . Reattach the hooks of the mirror holder to the actuator, then position the mirror holder on the actuator. Carefully push on the clip portions of the mirror holder until the mirror holder locks into place.

9 . Check the actuator operation.

SIDE TURN SIGNAL LIGHT REPLACEMENT
1 . Remove the mirror holder (see MIRROR HOLDER REPLACEMENT ).

2 . Remove the four TORX screws using a TORX T10 bit, then remove the visor (A).

graphic

3 . Remove the three TORX screws using a TORX T10 bit, then pull out the side turn signal light (A).

graphic

4 . Disconnect the 2P connector (B) from the light.

5 . Install the side turn signal light in the reverse order of removal.

AutoTech08
AutoTech08, Workshop owner
AutoTech08
AutoTech08
AutoTech08, Workshop owner