Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I discovered a mistake on my 2018 Estimated Tax worksheet.

Customer Question
I discovered a mistake...

I discovered a mistake on my 2018 Estimated Tax worksheet. My numbers in 2017 are not much different from 2016, so I was surprised when TaxAct said my estimated tax would be over $1,000 more per payment for 2018. I found a mistake on the TaxAct worksheet of item 14 b

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

I can put the correct figures following the questions TaxAct asks on the form, but they should be aware that their calculations are incorrect, specifically with item 14 b

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Financial Software
I am attempting to send you a copy of the 2018 Estimated Tax Worksheet so you can see the mistake (by TaxAct) in the calculations (specifically 14 b)... I am having some difficulty! I can figure the calculation necessary myself, only need to let TaxAct know there is something wrong with their calculation.
4/3/2018
Tech Support Rep: Arthur L Rubin, Tax Preparer replied 4 months ago
Arthur L Rubin
Arthur L Rubin, Tax Preparer
You need to contact TaxAct by some other method.
Very good. Their phones are too busy. Eventually I may be able to get through (probably after April 17 !)