Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

We have had our turbotax return rejected twice and now

Customer Question
We have had our...

We have had our turbotax return rejected twice and now cannot get into the return to try to fix our federal pin. I'm old and not skilled with computers. can you help us.

Accountant's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Apple laptop.

Accountant's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Apple?

Macbook pro. That's all I know!

Accountant's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

I don't know. It's 3 or 4 years old and we just use what came with it. It seems like we'd be better off just printing this and submitting a paper copy by mail because the e-filing doesn't work.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you need my name or e-mail address?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Financial Software
4/2/2018
Tech Support Rep: David L, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

When the return is rejected, is there a reason cited in the rejection notice?

We had a Federal PIN, due to an identity theft 2 years ago & we apparently goofed that up. We’ve had 2 rejections. Does that lock up the system & make it impossible to enter it again? If so, can you unlock it?

What you can do is enter your prior-year Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) number which is located on your prior year 1040 tax return on line 37.

If you have an IP Pin instead of a self-select Pin, click the following link and follow the instructions to retrieve your IP Pin:

click here

Let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps.