Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

My turbo tax was unable to import a file because it was too…

Customer Question
My turbo tax was...

My turbo tax was unable to import a file because it was too large. I am not sure what TT letter is telling me what to do. I would like to be able to import all of the files.

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell PC

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I did not try anything. The TT letter tells me to use TT Online, which I have no idea what that is.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Financial Software
3/31/2018
Tech Support Rep: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer tax preparation question.

Check the size of all files you are trying to import. I suggest doing that by looking at a listing of the dirctory of the folder those files are in, looking at the size of each and noting it.

PDF files may sometimes balloon to a larger size than necessary. If you have such a case, of a file that does not contain much data or many pages, but is larger than all the others, you may need to reduce that file, before T.T. can import it.

Let me know what you find out - I will advise you further as needed.