Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

How do i find out if i have a turbo tax account. I am unable…

Customer Question
How do i find...

How do i find out if i have a turbo tax account

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am unable to download my turbo tax deluxe 2017 CD. turbo Tax said to check with you to see if i have one and what it is

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

They said to select the CD/download in the first drop down and ask the specialist to push a download. i don,t see a drop down

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Financial Software
3/30/2018
Tech Support Rep: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer tax prep software question.

First, check your email account - or any email account you have, that you had when you ordered the TurboTax or bought the TurboTax software. All such purchases, it's safe to say, generally send a 'receipt email' for the purchase, to the email address you entered when you did the purchase of the software, or the email address registered with the site that you bought T.T. from when you registered with that site that you bought it from, originally.

The email you're looking for, would mention something about either the site you bought from, or TurboTax perhaps, and would be dated the same day you did the purchase, and about the same time you did the purchase or shortly thereafter.

Let me know what you find out, and whether you need any more help with this - I will help further as needed.

It was purchased at Office Max/Office
depot in Weatherford TX

OK... if it was a physical purchase, then you may not have created, nor had created, a TurboTax account at all.

If it was no created for you, nor access to a pre-created T.T. account (e.g. username, password) provided in the TurboTax you bought, you would then and therefore have to create a new TurboTax account, to have a TurboTax account.

Do you think that is the case? Do you need further instructions (on creating a new T.T. account) ?

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)