Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I have tried numerous times to log in to get my 1098E tax…

Customer Question
I have tried numerous...

I have tried numerous times to log in to get my 1098E tax statement and the information I used last year doesn't seem to work.

Accountant's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I don't understand your question.

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Gateway, Windows 7.

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

For years I have been able to print off the 1098E tax statements. This is the first year I've had trouble doing so. I tried logging in with the user name and password ***** have used in other years and I can't log in.

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Brother TN-450.

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your TN-450?

There is no problem with the printer. I can't log into my account.

Accountant's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

2 months ago through Geek Squad.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Financial Software
3/29/2018
Tech Support Rep: LongTermTech,
 replied 24 days ago
LongTermTech

Hi - this is Expert Russell H. of JustAnswer.com. I'd like to help with the problem.

Please consider, how the system is refusing your tries at logging in... does it indicate wrong password ***** username, or wrong password? if so, going through the password ***** process (or 'Forgot your password?' process) for the system would be useful to try first.

If it is the TurboTax system that you are trying to log in to, then try

A. a different web browser - that can make a difference, especially if you don't have a really good anti-virus or really good firewall on your computer...

or B. go through this process:

go to this page https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

enter your email there,

then check your email promptly - not 2 hours from then - and use the means in it, to get into your account again.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

LongTermTech
LongTermTech
LongTermTech