Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

On the vendor reports I need the total that I paid for the…

Customer Question
On the vendor reports...

On the vendor reports I need the total that I paid for the whole year, how can I get it.-The total that I paid is meaningless when I am doing my taxes I need to compare if I have the right total

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Samsung SyncMaster 2333sw

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I tried to modify the custom window and it does not work

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

This is the most important for my end of year taxes. THANKS.I BELIEVE IT WOULD HELP OTHER BUSINESS

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Financial Software
3/28/2018
Tech Support Rep: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 24 days ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer accounting question.

There is an easy way of doing that, which however is designed to report on one specific vendor, not on the total body of all vendors.

But it might do, if you have a limited number of vendors:

In QB, from menu at left, choose Reports.

In 'go to reports', enter Transaction List by Date

Choose Transaction List By Date.

Set Report period to the correct year.

For the Group by select Vendor

Click on Customize.

In the filters, select all the means-of-payment applicable and possible, e.g.

1. Bill Payment (Check)
  2. Bill Payment (Credit Card)
  3. Cash Expense
  4. Check
  5. Credit Card Expense
  6. Credit Card Credit
  7. Vendor Credits

The drop-down menu next to 'Name' might be selected, if you want to report on a given group - if so, select that group or supplier etc.

Click on OK, and then click on Run Report.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Computer Systems Expert