Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I'm on a mac. I'm trying to amend my 2016 taxes in trubo…

Customer Question
I'm on a mac...

I'm on a mac. I'm trying to amend my 2016 taxes in trubo tax. I did my taxes using turbotax online for 2016 ... I already sent the amendment and payment to the IRS but i think I need to update my filing w/ turbotax. Can you tell me how to do that?

Accountant's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

High Serria

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Are you a real person or is this a bot?

Accountant's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Mac Expert more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have a tax question not a technical question can i talk to a person?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Financial Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Tech Support Rep: ABC Accounting Group, Business Consultant replied 3 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Business Consultant

Hi. Great Question. There is an option to amend on Turbotax. I will be sending you the way to do this.

1. Open the return you want to amend in your TurboTax software program.
  2. Make an "amend" copy your return by selecting Save As (Mac: select Duplicate) from the File menu. This preserves the originally-filed return.
    • Name the copy to distinguish it from the original - for example Amended Return 2017
  3. You should now be working in the amend copy. Inside your program, search for amend and then click Jump to amend.
  4. On the We'll help you change (amend) your return screen, click Continue.
  5. On the following screen, Have you already filed this return? select the first radio button Yes, I need to amend and then select I need to amend my 2017 return. Click Continue.
    • Don't worry if your refund meter drops to 0; this is normal. Your calculations will come out correctly in the end.
  6. Carefully follow the onscreen instructions to amend.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.