Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

Im looking for software support. I seem to have lost

Im looking for software...

Im looking for software support

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I seem to have lost everything on my quicken 2015. I have about 18 years of data on it

Accountant's Assistant: A combination of financial issues and software stuff sounds like a recipe for needing our Expert. You are in the right place. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?

I was cleaning the screen and something happened. All I get when I select the quicken icon is the screen to log in online.

3/26/2018
Richard, Financial Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you say you were cleaning the screen, what did you exactly mean with this?

Please let me know

Just wiped it with a disposable cleaning wipe, I obviously pressed on something that reset the quicken program, like I'm the first time i used the program

Are you using it on a windows or mac computer and which version?

ok waiting for the call

I see you requested a call, but this cannot be resolved over the phone, what I can do for the same cost of the phone call is connect to your computer and resolve this instead.

Would you accept this?

I guess, but it already charged for the call didn't it? I put the CC info in and it took it
still there?

yes, I am doing it for the same cost as you paid for the call (it is normally more expensive)

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Richard, Financial Specialist
Phone call session started
Is it working, got the info?

No, tell me the ID and Password ***** please

So I can connect

766(###) ###-####
seem to be back at the log in screen

ok, you then did have an account, please try to sign into it or reset the password *****

still gives the an unkown error
how do I reset?
seems like it doesn' think ther is an internet connection??

When did this problem start?

just after I wipped down the screen. this am
I must have inadvertly hit someting on the screen at reset quicken
I never signed into the online part in the last few years.

ok, I want to do a system restore please.

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

Finished the restore
Quicken came back to normal.
Just missing the last couple of days of data
thank you

You are welcome

is there anything else I need to do?

no nothing else is needed, thank you

OK, will sign off
thanks for all the help
Jack