Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I use MS Access, and create my own reports. I have some

clients who send me one...
I use MS Access, and create my own reports. I have some clients who send me one check for entry fee payment and another payment which is a post-dated checks agreed upon to not be deposited until a certain date 4 months away before the event. Well, how do I show that post-dated check? As a payment? Or is it called something else in accounting terms?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Accountant
Hey! I'm Carter, I'm CPA and can help you out.
You can book that to a customer deposits account, which is a liability account since you're technically holding a future right to their money.
Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!
I don't know what that means. I want to send them an invoice, and I don't know how to indicate that post-dated check payment which i'm holding. Do I show it as a payment and call it "customer deposits"???
You can send them an invoice. Just show the prepayment as a customer deposits. The invoice would then show that they have nothing due.
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Accountant
Thank you, ***** *****