Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

Is there a phone number I can call to speak with someone…

Customer Question
Is there a phone...

Is there a phone number I can call to speak with someone about a question I have re:taxes

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I filed with turbo tax for my granddaughter and she could not find her 1095 form. I answered the tax questions appropriately and gave the name of her insurance and her ID number but she has received a request from the IRS to fill out the 8962 form and I am having difficulty doing that. She did find her 109-C form and it is showing she had health insurance 6 months out of the year. She is a nursing student and wasn't eligible for health ins. thru her work until last July. When I did her taxes turbo tax said they had all the information they needed and she was exempt, I believe for the 6 months she did not have health insurance.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?

I have the 8962 form but don't know how to complete it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Financial Software
3/22/2018
Tech Support Rep: ABC Accounting Group, Business Consultant replied 3 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Business Consultant

Hi. Great Question. There is a way on Turbotax to do this. On the bottom of the screen, you will see "Need to amend a return" - choose this option.

Choose 1095-A (Health Insurance Credits)

Here are the remaining steps:

1. Answer the question on the "did you have health insurance coverage in 201?" screen, then click Continue.
  2. Continue to answer Health Insurance questions which will include entering the information from your Form 1095-A.
  3. The "that’s all we need to continue your 2017 coverage" screen will be the last Health Insurance screen. Click Done with Health.
  4. You are back to the "do you need to change anything else?" screen. Scroll all the way down and click "Done".
  5. On the "do you still receive your mail at this address" screen, answer the question and click Continue.
  6. On the "why did you need to amend your return?" screen, enter "Responding to IRS letter" and click Continue.
  7. On the Let’s review and get ready to file screen, click Continue and complete all final review questions, if any
  8. If you see a Looks like you haven’t entered your 1095-A yet screen, just click Continue.
  9. After you have completed your final review, click Continue.
  10. Print and Mail Form 8962 to the IRS
  11. You are now ready to print your return to file.
  12. On the You’re Done! Print and Mail Your Returns, click Print and Save Return.
  13. On the print dialog screen, select Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit and then click the Print icon.
  14. If you don’t see the list of forms on the side of the screen, just click Print. All of the instructions and forms will print. Find the paper copy of your Form 8962.
  15. On the print dialog screen, check the Current Page button and then click on the Print button to print Form 8962.
  16. Mail a copy of your Form 1095-A along with Form 8962 to the IRS address indicated in your IRS letter.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.