Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I recieved an email stating i need to fix my turbo tax on…

Customer Question
I recieved an email...

I recieved an email stating i need to fix my turbo tax on line. However turgo tax said i should mail my tax returns as it was refused twice.

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My federal and state taxes were declined because i did not match my 2016 taxable income figure. after two tries turbo tax said to mail the returns, I still get emails telling me to fix my problem.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?

They said when i bought my premium turbo tax i did not use my old account number therefore my past returns were never updated in 2017 taxs

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Financial Software
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
when I looked on my 2017 turbo tax page it asked to see my prior year return. It said i did not use turbo tax in 2016. I have used turbo tax for the past several years.
Answered in 2 days by:
3/24/2018
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 27 days ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question. All that I ask is to please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied

you need to find your 2016 agi if you want to efile it

you might be able to get it from the irs at this website

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

of if you saved a pdf or printed copy of your return from 2016 that would have it. but it is the ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME if you filed jointly it is the combined AGI

but at this point it might be easier to just mail it in.

as for turbo tax knowing your 2016 ?

if you used the online version you would have had to sign in with the same id as you did when you did it for 2016 otherwise it wont find it.

it is really not worth looking for it that way. it will require trying to remember your old id and then logging out of this years return and maybe having problems logging back into this years.

find the AGI on a printed or saved copy on your computer or ask the irs for a transcript or just give up and mail it in.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
this I have done. Mailed my returns already. My main problem is Turbo Tax on my 2017 taxes does not recognize any of my previous years taxes, which i have used since 2012

does it matter?

either they lost them or you used a different email address

next year it will only want this years which should be there if you use the same id

also there is a pretty big difference between their online and their download version do you know which you used in previous years?

Robert M., Consultant