Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I cannot complete e-filing. Tells "you need to update this…

Customer Question
I cannot complete e-filing...

I cannot complete e-filing. Tells "you need to update this program before you can e-file". Have done so several times , including following restart and with fire walls off. Still receive same message.

Accountant's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

It is my downloaded " My 2017 Taxes Deluxe"

Accountant's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

A Dell Inspiron 3668 with Windows 10 Home version 1709 and OS Build 16299.309

Accountant's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Not lately, computer is approx 1 year old

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

HR software does charge my Credit Card for the State, say it's sending tax info, then stops and tells me to update befor it can complete

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Financial Software
3/22/2018
Tech Support Rep: LongTermTech,
 replied 3 months ago
LongTermTech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your tax preparation software question.

Tech Support Rep: LongTermTech,
 replied 3 months ago

First, open the TurboTax window.

Then before doing anything else, go to the Online menu

and choose Check For Updates.

Let me know how that goes, or if you have tried that already, let me know what happened then. And I will help you further, to a solution.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.