Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I just bought Turbotax Premier 2017 from Ofice Max, loaded…

Customer Question
I just bought Turbotax...

I just bought Turbotax Premier 2017 from Ofice Max, loaded the CD in my mac, moved the red check to my applications, went to my applications list, clicked on the Turbotax Primier 2017 program, and I get the message" TurboTax Premier 2017" can't be opened". Any suggestions??

Accountant's Assistant: When could you last open your Premier?

Last year I used TurboTax Premier 2016. I'm just now trying to start 2017 taxes...

Accountant's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I'm up to date, software wise, I think.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want to know how to start this year's turbotax. any chance I bought a bad CD?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Financial Software
3/21/2018
Tech Support Rep: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

You will need to put the CD for TurboTax Premier 2017 into the disc drive on your computer, then activate the disc so that it will install the program onto your computer, before you can run the program, I think... if you haven't already done so (and it really sounds as if you haven't.)

So... double-click on the CD's icon (perhaps on the Desktop screen of your computer, or perhaps in Finder)... and if that does not start the installer, view the files on the T.-T. CD, and double-click on the SETUP or INSTALL executable there, to get the install of the TurboTax program going.

Once it is installed on your computer, it should work fine.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.

Thanks.