Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

I can't open turbotax premier. It is down loaded, but won't…

Customer Question
I can't open turbotax...

I can't open turbotax premier

Accountant's Assistant: When could you last open your Premier?

It is down loaded, but won't open

Accountant's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Yes

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

The 2017 shows in the app file but will not open

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Financial Software
3/17/2018
Tech Support Rep: Robert M., Consultant replied 4 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your financial software question. All that I ask is to please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied

what operating system are you using ?

and does it give any error messages when you try to open it ?

just asks if I have the latest Mac operating system on place

ok and which mac op system do you have. turbo tax is kinda picky about that

they want 10.11 or higher 64 bit

Operating System

• 2017: Mac OS X v10.11 or later (64-bit required)
  • 2015 and 2016: Mac OS X v10.9 or higher (64-bit required)
  • 2014: Mac OS X v10.7.5 or higher

Processor: Multi-core Intel processor with 64-bit support

Hard Drive Space

• 2017 and 2016: 650 MB
  • 2015: 460 MB
  • 2014: 330 MB plus another 30 MB if installing a state product

RAM

• 2015 – 2017: 2 GB
  • 2014: 1 GB
Let’s drop this discussion ‘

do you know what operating system you have ?

click the apple in the top left

select ABOUT THIS MAC

it will tell you the op system name and number

but if it is below 10.11 the turbotax will not run

you can run the online version of turbotax

by going to www.turbotax.com

and just start answering questions to start your return