Financial Software

Financial software questions? Ask IT support for answers ASAP

Trying to load turbotax, inserted disc got whirring sound…

Customer Question
Trying to load turbotax...

Trying to load turbotax, inserted disc got whirring sound but nothing happens

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Trying to load turbotax, inserted disc got whirring sound but nothings showing on screen. have tried several times

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Financial Software
3/17/2018
Tech Support Rep: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer Tax Prep software installation question.

The CD drive or DVD disc drive must not be set to 'autorun' on your computer.

- If you have a Windows PC, go to START, then go to ThisPC (or 'Computer' on older Windows versions) and then find the CD drive icon, which should be a 'disc' labeled 'Turbo Tax [something]', more or less... double-click on that, to start the install program on the disc. Or, if it opens a file and folder view of the TT disc, you locate the SETUP executable file, and double-click on that to do the install of TurboTax.

- If you have an Apple computer, the process begins differently - no START etc. - you locate the icon for the disc and TurboTax on the Desktop or in Finder, then double-click on it - etc., same as above from there.

I hope this works fine for you, and gets TurboTax going!

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.